Saturday, June 11, 2011

In 2007, I had the privilege of serving at Eagles Nest Orphanage for a week long mission trip. Little did I know that 4 years later I would be moving there!
I remember being so excited to go to a foreign country- not something many kids my age could brag about. I had no idea how much that trip would change me..


“We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” – Radical by David Platt.

Before I went on that trip I knew that there were orphans, I even had adopted sisters. But did that change the way I lived? No. I still lived like the world was all about me. But, after I met child after child, who had nothing, I was no longer content to live like that. I was forever changed.

Funny how I thought I was going on the trip to change the lives of the Guatemalans, but instead they changed me.


"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment