Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fearless


I'm sure all of you (and by that I mean all 3 of my blog followers) are familiar with the story of the fiery furnace right? In Daniel, when King Nebuchadnezzar builds a statue and tells everyone to bow to it, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendnego refuse, and the king tells them he is going to throw them in a fiery furnace. You know the rest of the story. But, one of the things I have over looked so many times starts in verse chapter 3 verse 16.  

"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king, 'O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.  But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.'”

Their faith kind of amazes me. Not only are they confident that God will save them, but they tell Nebuchadnezzar that even if He doesn't they still will not worship anything but God. Wow. So many times we test God, thinking He has to do things the way we want it done. We don't often say that when things aren't done our way, we will still praise Him. 

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were fearless. 
They were reckless. 
They were contagious.
That's the kind of faith I want to have. A fearless, reckless, contagious faith.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Addisyn, I've followed your mom's blog for awhile but just now found yours. Excited to of found it and will keep following :) I want a faith like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addy, I found your blog tonight, I must say I am blessed by your blog. It is a breath of fresh air to see a young woman like you love the Lord with all your heart. When I was your age I had no idea.
    I am blessed to have spent the time with you and your family before you moved. Your mom is a blessing to many and you are following in her foot steps.

    And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
    Romans 10:15

    ~Brandy W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addy,
    I'm hooked to your blog. Your faith shines thru so brightly. I work for a mission's organization here in the US among international students and we see it as a reverse mission field. When I think my work is hard, I'm grateful for all your stories that bring fresh new perspectives to me. Thank you for doing what you're doing. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying reading your blog; is there an option to have it emailed? I didn't see an opt-in on your page?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete