Friday, April 13, 2012

As I high school student, I hear teenagers complaining about how hard their lives are all the time, when in reality there are people who would give anything to have their life for just one day.

Every day, I see kids as young as two years old working out in the fields. From sun up to sun down they are out there, bent over, plowing fields and picking weeds by hand so that their family can have something to eat, and if they're lucky maybe even make a few extra Qs by selling some in the market.
I see nine-years-olds who shine shoes or sell stuff on the street all day instead of going to school, so that they can make Q63 to go home.
I see 3 year-olds that walk miles on the rocky mountain roads in worn out shoes just to get one meal a day from the Manna Feeding Program.
Their lives a real, and they are hard. It breaks my heart seeing these things, and it breaks my heart even more seeing people who have it all, but don't appreciate it.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!" -Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment