Tuesday, May 1, 2012


There's a quote that says "hindsight is always twenty-twenty." I didn't realize how true that was until I came here.

Its strange to see the people you used to know so well, change before your eyes. On Facebook, I see my old friends, and how different their life is from mine. I see what my life could have been like. Sometimes it makes me sad, the worldly part of me wants those things. I want to feel comfort, and have fun being a teenager. I want to have the chance to go to prom and to get a car, and have a boyfriend, but other times it makes me feel so grateful that instead, God chose this for my life.

As I watch my friends struggle with who they are in the way they act and talk and dress, I'm glad that I'm not there and around those temptations anymore.

Before I moved here, I started noticing these changes taking place. We were high-schoolers now, not just the innocent kids I met in elementary school, and the temptations around us were a whole lot different. I didn't want to be a part of it. I tried my best to remain strong, to be the light of Jesus and hold true to what I believe, but how do you make someone see, when they refuse to open their eyes?

I felt like I could no longer hold up to the pressure, and it was a really difficult time for me. I feel like God gives all of us a choice, to choose Him, or choose the world. Now, looking back, I'm so glad I chose Him- instead of all of those comfortable thing. Because now...
 I have this


2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Addy - God is going to use you for amazing things!!! I think of you often and am praying for you! If you ever want to talk, shoot me an email anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you have head the expression " like father like son " well i say "like mother like daughter" ha ha. beautifully well said and written. For if your bag of grain is empty, greater will be your return in Him.

    ReplyDelete