Monday, July 30, 2012

"Como se dice amigos por siempre?" They asked.
"Friends forever." I replied
This conversation kinda broke my heart, my friends were telling me that we were gonna be best friends forever, but they didn't know that within a couple months, I would be gone...


Moving has definitely been hard for me, while I absolutely love it here at Village of Hope, I've been completely torn about leaving the people that I'd met after such a short period of time.


Last night as I was reading my bible I read this, "Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. But he replied, "I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent."- Luke 4:42-43. It think that at that point, Jesus felt a lot like I do now. I don't think that Jesus really wanted to leave the people that he'd met in Galilee, just like I didn't want to leave the people I'd met in Eagle's Nest. But Jesus also knew that God sent Him here on a mission, and that there was still work left to be done. He was needed elsewhere, and while no one wanted him to go, he had to fulfill his duty. And that's kind of where I'm at right now. God has me here for a reason. There is work to be done.

If Jesus had stayed in Galilee just because people might miss him, he wouldn't have been able to do so many of the things we read about in the Bible, and there would be so many people that didn't know Him. His father had a plan for him, and it included leaving some friends, and making new ones.


I think some times, God sends us places for short time, to make our mark and then leave. Sometimes He just needs us to plant the seeds, and then let someone else help them grow.

It doesn't mean that we should forget about the people we meant, I'm pretty confident that Jesus didn't just heal people and then forget about them. I believe that He would pray for them even after He moved on to the next town, and so that's what I do too. I may not be as close to them as I once was, but they are still my friends, and I will never forget them. I will continue to pray for them, as friends should. Just like I do for the friends I left in America.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes God does send us to a place for a short time. This is something I have had difficulty thinking about in recent months-I don't want to let the people down that I have just grown to love. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete