Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I've been pretty quiet lately. I haven't had much to say, mostly because I've spent the last couple of weeks just listening.Sometimes, I get so busy talking, that I forget to just sit and hear what God has to say. The past couple of weeks, as I listened, God has been showing me more of who he is, as well as teaching me who He wants me to be.

 He has taught me that when you find your joy in Christ alone, you don't have to be content in circumstances. It doesn't matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing. Our happiness should not depend on any of that, but on God. Because our circumstances are never perfect, we will never be truly happy unless we find joy in Christ.

I have learned that translating is what I love to do. I am still learning more of how that will play into my future, but I know that is is no accident that I learned Spanish so quickly, and I have a feeling I will continue translating for quite some time. I don't plan on stopping with just English and Spanish either.

Here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks where I was able to be blessed and bless others through translation.

Translating VBS for Team Kyler

 Praying with Brenda

Translating for a group of Physical Therapists

Working with some special needs kids in the local school.

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. - Romans 12:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment