Thursday, March 21, 2013

People are always asking me about my friends here, to be honest, for quite some time after moving here, making friends was really hard for me. Its so hard to find friends when everyone around you is so different from you- and you don't speak the same language. Its even harder to see that your friends back home are having fun and have gone on and completely forgot. That leaves you on the other side of the world, struggling and alone.

Yet in reality that was blessing- because it forced me out of my comfort zone and pushed me to find the friends I have now which I am so thankful for. 

I now find myself hanging out with people that are different than me- and different from my friends in the states- and I appreciate that more than I could ever say. I am so thankful that God has put them in my life.

It's kind of fun how God has given me different groups of friends. It was the same thing in the states, I would have friends from my church, friends from my school, friends from my volleyball team, and friends from the different places I have lived. So, let me introduce you to some of my amazing, beautiful, unique friends who have taught me so much more than I could have ever imagined.

My ministry friends...

I have a lot of ministry friends, Rosa and Yessica for example. The friends I visit and  pray with. Oh how I adore them.


My soccer team...

 I play in a men's soccer league with my brother. All the boys on the team live in our area. Within the team, there are a couple of boy who come to our house a lot. If you were to come to my house on any given day, there's a pretty good chance you would see some of them. These boys have started going to church with us and joining us for group devotions.


My youth group...

I absolutely love my youth group, full of missionary kids and Guatemalans. I seriously don't know what I would do without them.



Inside my youth group, I am lucky to have these group of amazing girls who are both missionaries and missionary kids. I adore these ladies.




Recently I've always been able to do a lot of translating with these guys from my church. I love getting to work with them and do ministry together.


And then there are my friends back in the United States. They people who I knew before I came here, or the people who came on mission trips, people who I have never met, but yet they pray for me and I consider them my friends.

I am so grateful for all of these people in my life that I now call 'friend'. I am truly blessed.

Proverbs 27:9 “The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.”

3 comments:

  1. Not that you probably care, but there are female teams here and there. ;) My Guatemalan brother (of the heart) has a team out in Aloetenango (despite being from Ciudad Vieja himself), and I know there's a team in Santo Domingo Xenacoj as well; I had someone asking me to join that team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 daughters I adopped from Guatmeala, I love reading your blog, it touches my heart each time!!

    ReplyDelete