Thursday, July 11, 2013

No Fear

We live in a world full of sin, and along with sin comes fear. We fear sending our kids to school because of the Newtown tragedy. We fear running a marathon because of the Boston bombing.
We fear what is happening with our nations leaders. As humans, we are afraid of many things. I for one am scared feet. I don't like them. They gross me out.

"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" - Psalm 118:6 

I want to live a life without fear. Now, I'm not just talking about silly fears, like my foot repugnance, but what about the fear of giving our all to God? 

I am often guilty of letting my fears stop me from what God has told me to do. I am guilty of trusting him, until it gets too scary. Its easy to pick up your cross and follow Him when you're walking through a field of flowers, but what about when He asks you to walk through the valley of the shadow of death? 

Since the day when I completely turned my life over to God, I've been rejected by a church, not allowed to go to a school, disowned by a family member, held at gunpoint, forgotten by friends and I've given up everything I owned to move to move to a place where I didn't know the language or the culture. Not exactly easy. (So for those of you who say they want my life, I advise you to rethink that) But through all of the hard times and through all of the pain, my Father has never left my side, so what do I have to fear?

I guess its just one of those things that are so simple to say, yet so hard to do, but that is the way I am trying to live my life.

Fearless.

Without fear.

Without fear of goodbye.

Without fear of rejection.

Without fear of judgement.

Without fear of the past.

Without fear of the future.

Without fear of pain.

Without fear of weakness.

Without fear of death.

Without fear of failure. 

I want to live my life is such a way that I have nothing holding me back from telling the drunk man or the prostitute about Jesus. I don't want to be afraid of giving my all for the Lord even in scary situations. I want to trust him wholeheartedly. No reserves. No restraints. No regrets. No fear.


4 comments:

  1. I am so grateful to have found your blog! Your insight and simple wisdom are very edifying. Don't ever doubt that this outlet is important. It is!!

    We (our family of 5) will be moving to Xela, Guatemala next year. This last post (about fear) resonated with me so much. I want to be more afraid of not giving God my all than of anything else!

    Thanks for encouraging us with your posts, and your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT THIS FREIND!:) NEVER.
    Interesting observation, I say that because I fear I could give a very loved one the wrong advised that could impact the rest of her life. But If I am obedient, that is what should be done. Is a debate that has been going on for years, but yet we still don't learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog as I was googling for what it must be like to be a missionaries kid. Thank you for your honesty, your candidness, your heart to serve Jesus and for reassuring me that as a mum who is considering taking her kids to the mission field, that although they might miss out on the typical western priveleges, they will gain more than they will ever know. Heaven is our home. xxx

    ReplyDelete