Monday, November 18, 2013

Their eyes are filled with uncertainty, hopelessness and despair. They didn't want to come here, but now they don't want to leave.



As I look at eyes of each these precious girls sitting with me around the table and I see that they cling to every word I say.

I read to them Jeremiah 29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

They had never heard that before.

No one had ever told them that their life has purpose.

They lived in such circumstances that they thought there was no way out. They believed it was ok to be treated like they were- that they deserved it.

I tell them how wrong that is and how precious their lives are. I tell them they are princesses- because their daddy is a king
.
Its not always easy to look in to the eyes of a child and see all the ugly that there is in this world, but slowly, I am beginning to see that hopelessness replaced with HOPE.

1 comment:

  1. Addisyn, you're a world-changer. God has so much for you - I'm so blessed by the way you live and the way you relate with others. You're growing up to be such a beautiful strong woman of God...and I only see the vague outside of things. I know you're making an incredible impact. While you lived in Texas, I saw how much change you created among where you lived and I can tell that you don't let that light dim anywhere else you go. You're quite an inspiration for the Kingdom. So proud of you and who you are and becoming. Love you so much sister! - Brittney

    ReplyDelete