Friday, June 20, 2014

Love changes everything.

"I know it was wrong, but I just wanted someone to love me. My mom and dad never did."



I sat at a table across from her looking into her eyes. She was so young, but so tired and worn. I could see the pain wearing on her tiny body. How could anyone have tried to hurt her?

Some things don't make sense to me. I don't think I will ever understand why someone would abuse a child in this way, but its not my job to know. Its not my job to sit around asking questions. Its my job to act and to change things. 

We can't make a difference in the life of everyone, but for one- her life was changed because she has found the Father who will always love her, more than she will ever know.

When Michel first came to Village of Hope she told me that her mom went to church, but that she didn't want to turn out like her mom did. She didn't want anything to do with Jesus. 

Last week, Michel was baptized. 

Love changes everything.
 
 
"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty." - Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Short, sweet post that made my eyes well up with tears! Praise Jesus!!! He can redeem even the most damaged of people. Prayers for her!

    ReplyDelete